Peace Lutheran Church of Dresser, Wisconsin is a family of people, called by the Holy Spirit through the Word and Sacraments, to pray for the world and the coming of God’s kingdom, to care about the needs of others in God’s name, and to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ in word and deed.
Peace Lutheran Church ...
Called to Prayer, Called to Care, Called to Share.
Peace Lutheran Church in Dresser, Wisconsin is a congregation of the Northwest Synod of Wisconsin of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. The congregation's building is located near the St. Croix River which forms the border between Wisconsin and Minnesota and is about 45 miles north and east of St. Paul, Minnesota.
Peace Lutheran Church is a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA). The ELCA is one of the largest Christian denominations in the United States, with about 4 million members in nearly 10,000 congregations across the United States, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. To learn more about the ELCA and their mission, go to www.elca.org.
Peace Lutheran Church was organized in January, 1978 as the result of the merger of St. Peter's Lutheran Church (organized in 1888 as a Norwegian congregation) and Bethany Lutheran Church (organized in 1914 as a Swedish congregation). At the time of its formation, Peace Lutheran Church had a baptized membership of 420 persons. Today, the congregation's baptized membership stands at more than 1100 people.
The members of Peace Lutheran Church worship and serve in a 30,000 square foot building constructed on the northwest corner of Dresser. Phase 1 of the building was built in 1980-81. In 1986-87 the congregation added an education wing to its building with 11 classrooms. In 2004-05 the congregation doubled its square feet by adding a new Fellowship Hall, expanding the Sanctuary, adding a new Narthex and also adding a new office wing to the building.
At the time of the merger which created Peace Lutheran Church, the St. Peter's congregation was a member of the American Lutheran Church and the Bethany congregation was a member of the Lutheran Church in America. The merger of these two congregations thus preceded the merger of their national church bodies to form the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America by almost 10 years.